Hello all

The Chartered Institute for Archaeologists' Equality and Diversity Group is undertaking a study to examine the profile of diversity across Archaeology in the UK, both at a student and professional level. The study is entitled “Digging Diversity” and comprises a short and entirely anonymous online questionnaire.

It can be found at this link:

https://apps.mhs.manchester.ac.uk/surveys//TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=DiggingDiversity17

Please take part if you can and we would be very grateful if you could also forward this link to your colleagues and ask them to complete the survey. The more professionals and students who complete the survey, the more representative it will be.

The survey will close at 5pm on Friday 8th December.

Initial findings from the study will be presented at TAG 2017 in the session "Archaeology, Heritage and Well-Being" http://tag2017cardiff.org/2017/06/01/archaeology-heritage-and-well-being/ and a full report will be disseminated via the CIfA Equality and Diversity group's website in spring/summer 2018 https://equalityanddiversitygroup.wordpress.com/

We also hope to discuss the findings at next year’s CIfA Conference within our interactive session ‘Whose Archaeology is it?’ (see page 2 of attached PDF). We are currently accepting proposals for contributions to this session. Please let me know if you are interested.

Kind Regards

Laura

Laura Hampden (BSc Hons)
Historic Environment Record Officer (Acting GLHER Manager)
Greater London Archaeological Advisory Service
Planning Group: London
Direct Dial: 0207 973 3691

Historic England Logo

We help people understand, enjoy and value the historic environment, and protect it for the future. Historic England is a public body, and we champion everyone’s heritage, across England.
Follow us:  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram     Sign up to our newsletter

Help us create a list of the 100 places which tell England's remarkable story and its impact on the world. A History of England in 100 Places sponsored by Ecclesiastical.

We have moved! Our new London office is at 4th Floor, Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London, EC4R 2YA.

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Historic England unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to Historic England may become publicly available.