Hello colleagues,

Research into self and collective efficacy in UK pathway programmes

I apologise for cross posting this message.  I am looking for people to help with my doctoral research (Newcastle University) in an area where there is a current gap in data.

I have spoken to many colleagues over the years at conferences and through work where efficacy (broadly defined as the motivation to make change through actions) often came up in conversation.  This was particularly the case for pathway programmes (by which I refer to International Foundation Programmes, International Year One, Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma) and often this was mentioned as occurring negatively between staff teaching English and those teaching other subject areas (such as business, computing, science, etc.).

My research aims to investigate this and explore the sector in order to examine the impact this may have upon welfare and work practices.  I feel strongly about the importance of capturing data in this area to drive forward debate and changes if necessary.

This email is to ask for your help and participation.  If you current work on a pathway programme or you have done in the past, please could you complete the online survey using the link below.  It should take approximately 15 minutes and the survey will close on the 11th December.

Please forward / circulate to your colleagues in your organisation who this might effect, as I would like to capture as many voices as possible.

The survey can be accessed here:  https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/S6CMLVF

Thank you in advance and if you have any questions, please contact me directly.

Kind regards

Steven R Herron  BA (Hons) MA (Literature and Film)  MA (TESOL) PGCE CELTA ADTE(E)LLS PGCert ODE
Head of Pathway College
International Foundation Programmes and Graduate Certificate
Northumbria University

E: [log in to unmask]
T: +44 (0) 191 349 5971
M: +44 (0)7721260595
W: www.northumbria.ac.uk/pathway<http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/pathway>
Northumbria University
QA Office
110 Northumberland Building
City Campus
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 8ST

[cid:image001.png@01D3636E.68637FE0]

This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any use, disclosure or reproduction without the sender's explicit consent is unauthorised and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please notify Northumbria University immediately and permanently delete it. Any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the University. Northumbria University email is provided by Microsoft Office365 and is hosted within the EEA, although some information may be replicated globally for backup purposes. The University cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and/or amended.