Hi All,

we keep running into a problem with xrootd at ECDF.
When a user creates a new directory its is only writable by the user, which would be fine, except all the intermediate directories are as well, which in the case of dirac which follows the CERN convention (odd that ...) of blah/user/initial/first.last, what happens is that once we have two users with the same initial (aka Duncan and me) *one* of us can't write to the directory.
What I then see is this:
2017-11-29 11:50:33 UTC dirac-dms-add-file/DataManager/putAndRegister [139920812615424] DEBUG: Failed to put file to Storage Element. testecdf.txt: Permission denied ( 13 : GError('[gfal2_mkdir_rec][gfal_plugin_mkdirp][gfal_xrootd_mkdirpG] Failed to create directory root://srm.glite.ecdf.ed.ac.uk:1094//dpm/ecdf.ed.ac.uk/home/gridpp/gridpp/user/d/daniela.bauer (Permission denied)', 13))
I don't know DPM, but we'd need ECDF to set some kind of sticky bit that these directories are group writable, otherwise we'd never hear the end of it.

Any ideas ?

Apart from that xrootd at ECDF seems to work with DIRAC now.

Regards,
Daniela

--
Sent from the pit of despair