Call for Papers

International Colloquium

Philosophies of Communication: East and West

Date: February 2 & 3, 2018

Venue: School of English, The University of Hong Kong

For this international colloquium we welcome papers that explore aspects of language philosophy with a focus on the relation between Eastern and Western paradigms. Contributions can be historical, philosophical, literary, linguistic, or related to media/communication, but all in one way or another connected to the question if and how the intercultural perspective can be useful or informative for the study of language and communication in the broad sense.

We plan to publish a number of papers presented at the colloquium in a 2018 special issue of Empedocles. European Journal for the Philosophy of Communication (Intellect, Editor: Johan Siebers).

We invite you to submit your abstract (ca. 300 words) by the dealine of December 15th, 2017. Please send it to [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]

Organizers:

Adrian Pablé (University of Hong Kong)

Johan Siebers (Middlesex University and IMLR, University of London)

Dr Johan Siebers
Associate Fellow and Director, Ernst Bloch Centre for German Thought
Institute of Modern Languages Research
School of Advanced Study
University of London
Senate House
Malet Street
WC1E 7HU
London

+44 20 7862 8738
+44 791 3307676
http://research.sas.ac.uk/search/fellow/479/dr-johan-siebers/
http://modernlanguages.sas.ac.uk
http://www.sas.academia.edu/JohanSiebers

'Banality is counter-revolution.' (Isaac Babel)