Dear FLS experts,

I am having a problem with trying to change the path of SUBJECTS_DIR directory. I now this is something about FreeSurfer but I believe that changing a directory it is a very simple question and that I could ask to you as well.

My path to subject directory is set to usr/...It is a very bad place because I have no permissions to generate any directory in this place. What I have done to solve it is:

1. Change the path to another place in the .bashrc file.

Save and restart the computer.

Well, when I try to run recon-all, FreeSurfer keeps going to the same path usr/...to create the SUBJECTS_DIR diectory and it cannot be created because I have no permission.

2. Set a new path directory for SUBJECTS_DIR manually...PATH=....in the shell.

I tried to run recon-all again and FreeSurfer still keeps going to usr/... to create the SUBJECT_DIR directory and I have the same warning about permission...

I do not know what more I can do.
I would really much appreciate your helping in this because nothing of what I am doing seems to work.

Kind regards,
Rosalia