John,

It is possible that you are loosing the geometry information after asl_file, something that we have been fixing in the pre-release of the new version of BASIL. Using fslcpgeom is sensible to overcome this, although clearly you only want the 45 volumes post-subtraction and not all the zero volumes.

I agree that you perfusion values sound rather high. That most probably comes down to the parameters you are entering about your data or the calibration image. You, however, wont be able to learn a great deal from the absolute values of your diffdata. These values are arbitrary and set by the scanner hardware - there is no ‘right’ range for these and this is why calibration is necessary. You could attempt to filter out outliers from the diffdata, but the best thing to start with is motion correction and then allow the averaging/model fitting to deal with the noise.

Michael