Hello everyone,
I have a very basic question regarding running ICA in FSL MELODIC. On
the wiki page (https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/MELODIC), it
says:
"Before calling the GUI, you need to prepare each session's data as a
4D NIFTI or Analyze format image; there are utilities in fsl/bin
called fslmerge and fslsplit to convert between multiple 3D images and
a single 4D (3D+time) image."

I have DICOM files from my participants (260 for functional BOLD, per
participant, per session). When I convert them to NIFTI format using
dcm2nii software, I get a single NIFTI file. I would then assume that
this is already 4D and I don't need to use fslmerge? Or should I merge
these NIFTI files for every participant in my sample into one big
NIFTI file? (But then this would not be 3d + time, but
3D+time+participants). (If it's relevant, I am trying to compare
resting state functional connectivity features between a patient and
control group, each participant has one session.)

Thanks in advance for any help!
Kind regards,
Darko