To Whom It May Concern,

I am contacting you about posting a Call for Papers for the 2018 Music and
the Moving Image Conference on your website. I have included the
announcement below that contains all information including deadlines and
contact information. Please let me know if you need any other information.
Thank you in advance.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The annual conference, *Music and the Moving Image*, encourages submissions
from scholars and practitioners that explore the relationship between the
entire universe of moving images (film, television, video games, iPhone,
computer, and live performances) and that of music and sound through paper
presentations. The Keynote Speaker is TBA.

Abstracts or synopses of papers (250 words) should be submitted by no later
than *December 15th, 2017. *You can submit via Google Forms by clicking
this link*: *https://goo.gl/forms/NiczqCeHoaqSThI32
<https://nyu.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=399853197174962babc4e17cf&id=cccbbd7bc6&e=226016e57d>

The program committee includes *Brooke McCorkle* of SUNY-Geneseo (Co-author
of *Japan's Green Monsters: Environmental Commentary in Kaijū Cinema, *
McFarland), *Nathan Platte* of University of Iowa (*Making Music in
Selznick's Hollywood, *Oxford University Press), and *Ben Winters* of The
Open University (*Music, Performance, and the Realities of Film,
*Routledge), and
co-editors of *Music and the Moving Image*, *Gillian B. Anderson* (*Rosita *at
the Venice Film Festival,* Composing for the Cinema, Music for Silent Film
1892-1929: A Guide*); and Assoc. Professor, Director & Chair, *Ron
Sadoff* (*The
Moon and the Son / *Co-Editor of *Routledge Companion to Screen Music and
Sound*).

This year’s conference will run for four days, from Thursday May 24th -
Sunday May 28th with sessions until Sunday evening.   On Friday evening May
25th, at the Museum of Modern Art, there will be the first American
screening of the MoMA restored *Rosita (Lubitsch, 1923) *with the
reconstructed original score performed live by Cinemusica Viva. The
conference will run prior to the NYU Film Scoring Workshop in Memory of
Buddy Baker (May 29th – June 9, 2018).

--
Ariel Marx

Adjunct Professor | Assistant to the Director and Chair

Scoring for Film and Multimedia
Dept. of Music and Performing Arts
NYU Steinhardt
www.arielmarx.com