Calling on the collective wisdom of colleagues [Collective noun of EEs – ‘an insight of Externals’ J?].

Penning a book chapter: Entering Academia – Why do people become academics?

Please:

*      Alert me to any academic journal articles on this, that you are aware of

*      If you wish to share (anon) why you  became an academic…..that would be great.

I came in via a series of solo, project officer, jobs; then did research masters p/t at Newcastle uni alongside day job….that enabled me to gain p/t teaching in HE and in process realised that (on a good day!) I could/ can enthuse and encourage many more people to make a difference, than I was able through the project-lone working

And here we all are J

James

James Derounian BSc (Hons) MPhil MRTPI FHEA FILCM

Principal Lecturer in Community Engagement and Local Governance,

Course Leader Applied Social Sciences,

National Teaching Fellow,

University of Gloucestershire,

Cheltenham

GL50 4AZ

Tel. 01242-714562

Visiting Fellow Edge Hill University Institute for Public Policy and Professional Practice

Honorary Fellow Birmingham University (Third Sector Research Centre)

Silver rating for teaching excellence
Source: Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2017