With apologies for cross posting…

One-year MA in Political Theory
University of Exeter

Applications now open (rolling deadline)
Contact: Dr. Ross Carroll ([log in to unmask]

The MA Political Thought gives you the opportunity to study the thinkers who have shaped the modern world – Locke, Hegel, Marx and others – as well as more recent debates in social and political theory. As a graduate of this programme you will have a broad knowledge of classic debates in the history of political ideas and of changing perceptions of political institutions, money, work, and commerce. You will also have the opportunity to take a wide range of options reflective of the diverse interests of our researchers, which include feminist philosophy, the politics of human rights, and theories of revolution.

Why study Political Theory at Exeter?

  1. Exeter has one of the largest and most diverse groups of political theorists of any Politics department in the UK. Exeter’s Centre for Political Thought is an active research community distinguished by its diversity, collegiality and engagement between different approaches.
  2. We have a long-standing reputation as a centre of expertise in the history of political ideas and we are the home of the discipline's leading journal History of Political Thought
  3. Students can take advantage of our Political Theory Reading Group and its long-running and highly successful annual postgraduate conference which brings together researchers from across all humanities and social sciences disciplines.

You can find out more information about our research interests here: http://socialsciences.exeter.ac.uk/politics/research/centres/cpt/members

Students in the MA in Political Thought develop a number of skills that are valued in professional careers: the ability to research and analyse information from a variety of sources along with written and verbal skills needed to present and discuss your opinions. The understanding you will gain of complex political and cultural issues, often in continually changing environments, can also be relevant to both business and public sector appointments. The MA also provides a solid foundation for an academic career and its graduates have have successfully progressed to Phd level study.

UK/EU fees: £8,500 full-time; £4,250 part-time

International: £17,500 full-time

For more information contact Dr. Ross Carroll ([log in to unmask]
To apply online see: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/politics/polthoughtma/#Overview

Dr Ross Carroll
Lecturer in Political Theory
Department of Politics