You can reach the US independent living centers via the National Council on Independent Living and the Association of Programs for Rural Independent Living, there are something like 500 of them, depending on how you count.

Devva Kasnitz, PhD

Adj Professor, City University of New York—School of Professional Studies—Disability Studies

Executive Director, Society for Disability Studies, PO BOX 5570, Eureka CA 95502

From: The Disability-Research Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Filippo Trevisan
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 7:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [DISABILITY-RESEARCH] American DPOs

The Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities (CCD) has a useful member list (N.B. most of these are DPOs but some are not): http://www.c-c-d.org/rubriques.php?rub=organization.php

As others said before, there are probably thousands of DPOs in the U.S. and no centralized database. Any other lists or relevant resources would be helpful so thanks for sharing!

Filippo

———

Filippo Trevisan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor - School of Communication

Deputy Director - Institute on Disability and Public Policy (IDPP)

American University
4400 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, DC - 20016

Tel: +1 (202) 885 6930