I also heard of a lecturer who (only worksd on large cities with big transit systems) took his students to the end of a metro line and got off every 2, 3  stops and observed what they saw, to the other end of the line.

Dr Hillary J. Shaw
www.fooddeserts.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Endre Dányi <[log in to unmask]>
To: CRIT-GEOG-FORUM <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu, Nov 30, 2017 1:57 pm
Subject: Re: Transect walks & community mapping-- advice?

Dear Jessica,

I'm not familiar with transect walks - they sound fascinating! They
remind me of a couple of recent projects in STS, where walking is used
both as a method and as a mode of critique - please find a couple of
references below.

Malte Ziewitz's algorithmic walks in Oxford

http://journals.sagepub.com/eprint/UTR8bucsqqrNZdKmkP5f/full

Brit Ross Winthereik and Laura Watts' energy walks in Denmark

https://stateofgreen.com/en/profiles/it-university-of-copenhagen/solutions/the-energy-walk

Damien O'Doherty's walks in Manchester as interruptions of topology

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1206331213475774

My walks in and around the Hungarian Parliament as a documentation of
political subjectification

http://we-aggregate.org/piece/walking-as-knowing-and-interfering

Hope these are helpful!

best wishes,