I suppose it may reflect badly on me, but I like the following O'Hara quote, from a poem (I'm missing the lineation)

          Poetry is not instruments that work at times then walk out on you laugh at you old get drunk on you young poetry's part of your self like the passion of a nation at war it moves quickly provoked to defense or aggression...

I mean, I wouldn't say I understand what O'Hara is doing, here included. But I could relate to some idea of a work of art being more than what you take from it, so that is "part of your self", whoever made it. Conceptual poetry is interesting, but for me that isn't enough to need it to exist.