Hi,

One of our users has set up an assignment with delegated grading and smartviews (we recommend accessing assignment via needs marking but in this case they had to set up smartviews)

and has reported that markers were able to access assignments of students that were not in their group. We have used the combination of delegated grading and smartviews before and had no complaints but I was able to replicate the issue in this course using the option of ‘logging in as another user’

The student groups were creating using the rando option and the only things different is that the administrator had to create the groups twice (so deleted the first set and recreated them) but this happened before setting up delegated grading.

We think that this may be linked to the ‘smartviews bug’ but I thought to email the group to find out if anyone else is using smartviews and delegated grading successfully or if indeed they have encountered the same issue, so we can make a decision as to whether it is not recommended to use this combination

Any experiences or thoughts very welcome!

Kind regards

Roberta