Hi all,

This is a particular appeal to all of you who work with AAC and children (or know someone who does!) - we need you!   We really need to get a wide spread of AAC professionals (i.e not 'just' SLTs) contributing to our study, so I'd really appreciate it if you could:

1. Please fill in this survey: https://secure2.accent-mr.com/3119/
Those who have completed it have commented that after any initial discomfort this becomes a useful form of reflective practice.    Just to be clear - this is a different survey, using a different method, to the one we sent a few months ago, and don't worry - it is the last we will send! This isn't 'any old survey' but a specific quantitative research method called a Discrete Choice Experiment.

2. Encourage others to fill this out.
This is also a rare opportunity to actually contribute to the AAC evidence base (which we all know is relatively sparse)!
Quantitative data is rare in our field and this is the first use of this method within AAC.  We really need UK AAC professionals to make this work!  The more responses we get the more likely that we will get significant and useful results from this experiment.

In particular, please send this to any AAC professionals from the wider AAC professions and those who in local teams who we might not otherwise reach. There is some text, ready to send here:
http://mailchi.mp/87357549b0c2/please-support-the-i-asc-project?e=a4854a010d

Hope this makes sense, please do get in touch if you want to check anything. Thanks in advance everyone.

Cheers and have a nice weekend all.

P.S. Sign up for I-ASC project updates and resources here:  http://eepurl.com/c8bFVH

Simon
Simon Judge
Service Lead
Barnsley Assistive Technology Team

01226 432159

www.barnsleyhospital.nhs.uk/at<http://www.barnsleyhospital.nhs.uk/at>
Barnsley Hospital, Gawber Road, Barnsley, S75 2EP.