About 95 percent of the material in the Israel State Archives is concealed from the public, with “no practical way to open it” because staffing remains low, state archivist Yaacov Lozowick said this week.

Speaking at a meeting of the Knesset Science and Technology Committee, Lozowick said that over decades of backlog had developed of “3,000 man years” in allowing access to the documents, with the gap growing every day. Lozowick said the backlog meant that the archive holds about a million files whose contents had not been documented.

http://bit.ly/2h93bZ3
http://bit.ly/2h93bZ3+

--
Peterk