Karen Lewis Retired HP archvist told me today...

"At the time of the spin off of Agilent from HP , records relating to the computer and printer business stayed with HP along with copies of individual items in an ephemera file.and other materials - duplicate HP journals, Measure Magazine, etc. copies of photographs . But the company papers of Hewlett and Packard - some 100 records boxes - dating from 1937-1995, went to Agilent and then to Keysight The Hewlett papers at Stanford are everything but the papers from his HP career."

HP  earlier   in an IEEE article that came out  after the Santa Rosa  paper had an odd explanation as to  what  was there   that was  burned.  I believe Karen as  she  created and watched over the archive. Karen is contacting IEEE  to give them the  correct info!
 Ed Sharpe Archivist   for SMECC