The documents were received under an agreement signed on Thursday in Rabat between the Moroccan Archives Foundation and French officials, reported the Anadolu Agency.

Jamea Beida, president of the Moroccan Archives Foundation said that “the handover of an archive of the memory of Moroccan Jews is of paramount importance and is the result of requests made since February 2013.”

Beida added that “the issue of Moroccan Jews has always been sensitive,” adding that “the documents will help fill a gap for Moroccan researchers.”

http://bit.ly/2A93Wc6
http://bit.ly/2A93Wc6+

--
Peterk