Each year the National Film and Sound Archive runs a Digital Directions
Symposium to explore key issues in the preservation sector. What do we
collect? How do we do it? How will it be used? Get it wrong and we have no
heritage, or hide it in deep caves beneath a bureaucratic dragon.

This year the GLAM (gallery, library, archive, museum) sector focused on
the users of digital collections. The users, advocates and professionals in
the screen archival community were also keen to see Jan Müller, the new CEO
of the NFSA, in action for the first time.

The entire proceedings are available here as a video, opening with his
keynote address.

Dominic Case, an expert in post production and a passionate advocate of
archiving, has written two articles about the proceedings. Here is the
first...

http://bit.ly/2xxHXH4
http://bit.ly/2xxHXH4+

--