In the bustling Peshawar of today the idea of public libraries is gradually fading, a fact that is reflected in the condition valuable books of one of the city’s public libraries is left in.

The books that are now knotted in sacks and left in a building in Peshawar’s Shahi Bagh area, once adorned the shelves of a public library in Gor Gathri tehsil.

Since Gor Gathri tehsil is situated in a populated area of Peshawar, many people would frequent the library, which was set up within the premises of a wedding hall in the area. The records of around 10 reading rooms of the city would also be kept there.

http://bit.ly/2yutE6G
http://bit.ly/2yutE6G+

--
Peterk