To mark International Digital Preservation Day 2017, we are pleased to announce that our online store is now accepting bookings for the DPTP Online 2017. This is an entry-level course aimed at complete beginners who wish to learn more about the field. The course is ideal for starters in all disciplines who want to know more about digital preservation, gain confidence, and feel enabled to start working with digital preservation. It contains all the content previously taught on the award-winning 2-day face-to-face Course DPTP: An Introduction to Digital Preservation, and many additional modules.

Summary of content

DPTP Online 2017 contains 14 separate Courses. They can be purchased individually, or purchased as a complete package. The course names are:

  1.  What is digital preservation, and why do we need it?
  2.  Preservation Approaches
  3.  OAIS-like workflow for digital preservation

4.       What are File Formats?

5.       Tools for File Formats

  1.  Metadata types and their uses for digital preservation
  2.  Storage configuration for digital preservation
  3.  Defining and understanding the user community
  4.  Making digital content accessible to users
  5.  Legal issues affecting digital preservation
  6.  Preservation planning, and tools that can help
  7.  The Trusted Digital Repository standard, and Audit Tools
  8.  Self-assessment toolkits and their role in strategic planning
  9.  Risk management and risk assessment

Estimated time to complete

3-5 working days

How the course is delivered

1.       DPTP Online 2017 has 14 Courses.

2.       The topics are taught by a mix of overviews, illustrated books, relevant case studies, and further reading.

3.       Each Course has at least one directed Activity, where you can discuss key digital preservation issues with other students in a Forum.

4.       Each Course has a general reading list, and specific reading lists and case studies on aspects of the topic. Please note you are not expected to complete your reading in the estimated time.

5.       Each Course has at least 1 quiz of multiple-choice questions, which will test your learning and comprehension.

6.       When you have completed the feedback form online, you will be issued with a certificate of completion for DPTP Online 2017.

7.       The content will remain available to paying students for 12 months.

What’s the cost?
DPTP Online comprises 14 separate training packages, which can be purchased individually at a price between £30 - £50 each; or £440 for the whole package.
All our online offerings are now available for purchase at our Shop Page<http://store.london.ac.uk/short-courses/cosector/courses-events?__hstc=260829522.71214f29a950efd4059d8906c5cac618.1475574182720.1499095063216.1512041301698.10&__hssc=260829522.14.1512041301698&__hsfp=3014432331>

For further information go to our DART blog<https://dart.blogs.ulcc.ac.uk/>

Please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for any enquiries about bookings & payment.