Dear colleagues,

it was brought to my attention during a research stay at the Penn Museum, that a person, whose name is presumably Jonathan Dayton, took a large number of drillings from Mesopotamian copper artefacts (including Ur, Tepe Gawra, Tepe Hissar, Khafajeh, etc.). It seems, there are either no written records or they have vanished about this. Richard Zettler mentioned to me, that this happened somewhere in the seventies and that Jonathan Dayton did not only sample but analyse the metal and wrote a dissertation about his work at the UCL (probably also in the seventies). But there were some problems with his dissertation, I don’t know any details about this.

I would be interested to know more about him and if there is a possibility to get access to the dissertation, although it has never been published (at least not to my knowledge)? Does anybody maybe remember him or know any details?

Best wishes,

Eveline