Dear Members

For ALT’s 25th Annual Conference we will bring together different critical
perspectives in Learning Technology from across our community that will
examine the challenges ahead and question the shape of things to come.

We are putting our values into practice and Members at the heart of the
conference, so in this spirit the event will be chaired collaboratively by
the Trustees of ALT, led by Sheila MacNeill and Martin Weller.

Preview of conference themes:

   - Openness: open practice, resources, policy, data and governance
   - Participation: working in partnership with learners, informed consent,
   literacy, empowerment and leadership, accessibility and equity
   - Collaboration: working together on projects, scaling up, collaboration
   or across institutions and countries; real-time communication
   - Independence: critical and political perspectives, research and
   analysis that questions the purpose or impact of technology used for
   learning, teaching or assessment; learner driven education
   - Wildcard: educational technology research, practice or policy work
   from across sectors.

Get involved and join the 25th Annual Conference Committee

This year we are doing things a bit differently and offering all volunteers
to sign up for what they are particularly interested in helping with in the
run up to and during ALT’s Annual Conference. It’s our 25th year and we
want the conference to reflect our diverse and growing community across the
UK and beyond.

The work of the Committee will start in January 2018 as the Call for
Proposals is issued and continues up to the conference in September.

To express an interest please complete this short form
<https://goo.gl/forms/qpLXyKCA6sGPbnc53>.

--
Dr Maren Deepwell
Chief Executive

[image: Find out about CMALT] <https://www.alt.ac.uk/certified-membership>
Association for Learning Technology (ALT)
Registered Charity Number 1160039

tel: +44 (0)1865 484 405
web: www.alt.ac.uk
twitter: @A_L_T <http://twitter.com/A_L_T> / @marendeepwell
<http://twitter.com/marendeepwell>
skype: maren.deepwell

-- An announcements list for members of the Association for Learning Technology (ALT). To switch ALT-ANNOUNCE to receive output from the list in digest form, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message set ALT-ANNOUNCE digest in the body of the email. To unsubscribe to ALT-ANNOUNCE, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message leave ALT-ANNOUNCE, in the body of the email. --