I first came across Mariana while still an undergrad, more than 25 years
ago. She has always been such a lovely person. She would never stop
smiling, her eyes shining. She was always glad to share –work, talks,
whatever. And she was such a bright zooarchaeologist. She looked mainly
into human-camelid interactions in Patagonia, and also in the South-Central
Andes, among many other subjects. Her research is original and so
well-grounded. I strongly recommend having a look at it.
We shared gatherings, asados, academic meetings, friendly talks, and it was
always so nice.  I will certainly miss her a lot.

Mariana Mondini
FFyL UBA-CONICET
Email: m <[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask],