Dear Julia,

we probably had the related species (then identified as Tapes or
Venerupis decussata) in a sewer fill attached to the kitchen of the
former Carthusian monastery of Mauerbach (Lower Austria). The assemblage
was dated to "some time after 1600 AD." There were about a dozen more or
less complete shells, some of them pairs from the same animal, and
partly with the organic tissue (ligaments) still attached. There is a
survey picture of this sample in Alfred Galik's and mine contribution in
the "Behaviour behind bones"-volume of the Durham conference.

all best wishes

Karl