With apologies for cross-posting :-)

The Learning Technologies Team at Durham University are delighted to announce that registration for the eighteenth incarnation of our annual Blackboard Users’ conference is now open. This is an independent event, run by users for users. The conference runs over three days. On Wednesday the 3rd of January we are holding a series of pre-conference workshops. The main conference runs Thursday the 4th and Friday the 5th, with dinner at Durham Castle on Thursday night. Keynote speakers will be announced later.

We have also issued a call for papers on the following three themes:

1. The User Experience: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
The conference theme was suggested by last year's delegates. Use it to think about the experience of students and staff (of all types) when using TEL. If technology helps, can you pinpoint why? If it hinders, what is the problem? If it is downright ugly and needs a spotlight shined on it to get vendor attention, bring it on. If your e-Learning is more Spaghetti than Western, now is the time to work out why!

2. Better Learn-ing
If you have something you want to share but you don't think it is best presented by shoe-horning it into this year's theme despair not. We always welcome papers about innovate approaches, effective techniques and general lessons learned. That's what this track is all about.

3. Technical
There's always space for technical articles. Share your latest building block and Rest API triumphs. Inspire us with your custom styling of Learn. Talk us through your best sys admin tips. Wow us with your wrangling of the snapshot process.

For more details please take a look at our website - full contact details are at the foot of the page.
http://tinyurl.com/durbbu18

We’d love to see you there (whether you use Blackboard or not),

Malcolm

Dr Malcolm Murray  FRGS FHEA AMBCS CMALT PG Cert

eLearning Manager - Computing and Information Services  |  Honorary Fellow - School of Education
Durham University  |  South Road  |  Durham  |  DH1 3LE |  UK  |  http://tinyurl.com/wrtlrng  |  @malcolmmurray<https://twitter.com/malcolmmurray>