Dear all,

GO-Science are seeking three short-term posts to help progress the Future of Mobility work. Please see the email below for detailed information.

Kind regards,
Amy
Are you interested in applying your knowledge to help shape the Future of Mobility in the UK?
We are offering a three to four month posting in the Office of the Government Chief Scientific Adviser, to build your experience of government policy-making, and to apply your research skills and academic experience.  We are running a high profile, https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-foresight-project-to-investigate-the-future-of-mobility, and this is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the final phase.

We are seeking to fill three posts with individuals who understand the current state of research in their discipline.   The three roles each require different knowledge:

(1) an individual who understands why people make decisions
(2) an individual who understands the UK freight system and
(3) an individual who understands the impact of geography and place on the transport system.

These roles are an opportunity for academics or those in industry to gain policy experience and insight into government.  This is a chance to help solve some of the fascinating challenges facing mobility in the UK and influence future government thinking and decisions.  If you know of anyone who would be interested and has the appropriate skills, we would be grateful if you could forward this onto them.

The vacancies are available on https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/index.cgi?SID=Y3NvdXJjZT1jc3FzZWFyY2gmb3duZXJ0eXBlPWZhaXImam9ibGlzdF92aWV3X3ZhYz0xNTU5Mjg2JnNlYXJjaF9zbGljZV9jdXJyZW50PTUmb3duZXI9NTA3MDAwMCZwYWdlYWN0aW9uPXZpZXd2YWNieWpvYmxpc3QmdXNlcnNlYXJjaGNvbnRleHQ9NDYwMTY5ODAmcGFnZWNsYXNzPUpvYnMmcmVxc2lnPTE1MDg0MTY1MzMtMzNmY2JkYzM5ZGEyNDhhMjZmYzQ1ZjBiNTdmOGIzOGI0OGEwYWNhMQ with Reference number 1559286

Thanks for your time, and if you are interested, please don't hesitate to contact us by email or phone for more information. (mailto:[log in to unmask], Ben Taylor 0207 215 6006)

Dr Jon Keating | Policy Adviser | Sustainable Economy Team
020 7215 8866 | mailto:[log in to unmask]
5th Floor, 1 Victoria Street, London, SW1H 0ET
http://www.gov.uk/go-science | http://bit.ly/uksciencechief