Dear All,

The Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) is pleased to announce a call for panel proposals for Urban ARC 2018, the second edition of our annual research conference. The conference will be held from 11 - 13 January 2018 in Bangalore, India. We invite you to submit a panel proposal or forward this email to those who may be interested in the same.

The deadline to submit panel proposals is 20th October 2017.

Theme: City and Technology

The theme of Urban ARC 2018 is "City and Technology". Technology has always played a significant role in the ways societies have evolved. This is true in the context of cities as well. The conference aims to unpack the promises and pitfalls of technological interventions in urban spaces by examining a wide-range of intersections – sectoral, disciplinary, methodological and geographic, and offers a space for conversations on theoretical and methodological research interventions across disciplinary silos.

We invite scholars, researchers, and practitioners who work on these themes to submit panel proposals that engage with the role of technology in urban transformation, and in doing so, De/Re-center technology in the evolution of the City. Deadline for panel proposals is 20th October 2017. For more information on the different ways scholars can engage with this year’s theme please visit our website