Dear all,

I know this question is a can of worms, but I’ll try anyway.  I need to import in SPM dynamic PET data, to run realign first and to analyze them later. I want to batch everything. I’ll need to do this for lots of data, as we’re analyzing all the data of a large multicentric study, so I’ll prefer a solution that’s as standardized as possible. Files are sent  in dicom and then stored in dicom in a central database.

The acquisition is composed of 4 frames, each 5 minutes long (we acquire data this way exclusively to check for patient motion).

In some cases DICOM files have been exported in DICOM from the PMOD software. When we feed these dicom files (e.g.: 188) into dicom import it doesn’t recognize the dynamic structure and just outputs a single frame. It doesn’t happen with data directly exported from General Electrics scanner consoles (we still have to try what happens with data exported from Philips, Siemens consoles or workstations… We’re already know we’ll have troubles to deal with troubles…).

So… Any clues on how to fix this (if possible at all)? Otherwise we’ll look into doing conversions to nifii somewhere else.

Thanks a lot

Luca

Rispetta l’ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non è necessario.
Respect the environment: if it's not necessary, don't print this mail.