Hi Patrick,

Then, given you're not using them for proper inference, it probably
doesn't matter too much - it's just that the separation in two
hemispheres is an artefact of the preprocessing pipeline (eg you would
rarely do that with volumetric data).

To combine the surface meshes, you can do something like this:

M = gifti({'L.surf.gii','R.surf.gii'});
M = spm_mesh_join(M);
save(gifti(M),'mesh.surf.gii')

and for the functional data it would be something like:

gl = gifti('L.func.gii');
gr = gifti('R.func.gii');
for i=1:size(gr.cdata,2)
  gg = gifti([gl.cdata(:,i);gr.cdata(:,i)]);
  gg.private.metadata = struct('name','SurfaceID','value','mesh.surf.gii');
  save(gg,spm_file('mesh.func.gii','suffix',sprintf('_%05d',i)),'ExternalFileBinary');
end

As with the previous snippet, I haven't tried it so it might require
adjustments...

Best regards,
Guillaume.

--