…that would make the term `facebook group’ an oxymoron.  Something I’ve often thought…

Best

John

John Lea

From: Online forum for SEDA, the Staff & Educational Development Association <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of James Wisdom <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 24 October 2017 20:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: small group teaching

When everyone can see equally the eyes and faces of the others

James

********************************
James Wisdom
25 Hartington Road
Chiswick
London, W4 3TL

Phone: 020 8 994 4231
Mobile: 07939 133 370
Skype: james-wisdom

On 24/10/2017 15:47, Alison.James wrote:

Dear colleagues

This may seem like a daft and simple question - but how do you define small group teaching in your institution? And what literature do you recommend to explore the use of this?

I know small group teaching sounds like a name for the proverbial obvious but trust me it isn't....

All best

Alison

Professor Alison James

Director Academic Quality and Development

University of Winchester

Professor of Learning and Teaching

National Teaching Fellow 2014

Principal Fellow Higher Education Academy

http://www.engagingimagination.com

https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/innovating-creative-arts-lego

http://iedp.com/articles/developing-leaders-magazine-issue-19/

University of Winchester, a private charitable company limited by
guarantee in England and Wales number 5969256.
Registered Office: Sparkford Road, Winchester, Hampshire SO22
4NR