Hi Jayne,

I’ve found these two resources (http://blogs.ucl.ac.uk/abc-ld/ and http://www.open.ac.uk/blogs/OULDI/) particularly helpful in generating ideas and discussions with admin, lecturers and senior management per approaches and ‘skills’ required to teach online. Through dialogue, staff are able to reflect on how they teach, see potentials for changing approaches and then listing, though not explicitly, ‘skills’ do to this.

Staff have been able to engage with their teachings materials, using the resources above, and come up with good practices and approaches for online learning and teaching. These narratives (http://jiscdesignstudio.pbworks.com/w/page/48781719/OULDI%20-%20narrative%20case%20studies) shed some light on skills used.

I’d argue the skills for online teaching are very similar those you’d find in good pedagogical practices per face-to-face delivery related to facilitation, developing peer learning, providing ‘just-in-time’ support and related and others. Being good at time management, having a willingness to empower learners (and relinquish some control), and a willingness to take calculated risks are also key.

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Dustin Hosseini, BA MA FHEA

Digital Education Facilitator / Senior Teaching Associate

Lancaster University Management School

B83, Lancaster, LA1 4YXT: +44 (0)1524 510395

id:<a href=[log in to unmask]"> @DustinAcEd

id:<a href=[log in to unmask]"> @dustinofglasgow

id:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

id:<a href=[log in to unmask]">