From: Online forum for SEDA, the Staff & Educational Development Association [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Moriarty, Lauren
Sent: 24 October 2017 20:56
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Student legacies

Hello All,

I'm interested in hearing about any examples of current students leaving a legacy for future students of the same course.

By this I mean any example of where students' feedback has led to improvement specifically for future cohorts to benefit from. It may also be actions/activities carried out by students (with or without the direction of academic staff) that create or leave something beneficial for future year groups.

I can't help feeling that this would increase the sense of coherency on our course and the feeling of belonging to a bigger network (we are also growing our graduate network which promotes this idea of previous years of students looking after/nurturing our new graduates). I also feel we are not doing enough to encourage this practice of leaving legacies. Students seem to focus on what they perceive will benefit them directly now rather than seeing the bigger picture (and the longer term benefits).

Would love any examples of even just to brainstorm ideas...

One idea I had was for students from all three year groups of our BA programme to create a time capsule for future students (I'm not quite sure what would be in it but I liked the beginnings of the idea).

Many thanks,

Lauren

Lauren Moriarty MA FHEA
Course Director: BA Product Design
Leeds Beckett University

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to:-
http://disclaimer.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/disclaimer/disclaimer.html