From: psci-com: on public engagement with science <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Suw Charman-Anderson, Ada Lovelace Day <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 16 October 2017 13:54
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PSCI-COM] Freelance opportunity: Diversity in recruitment

Dear PSCI-COM,

I am putting together a small toolkit to help STEM employers improve diversity in their recruitment processes, with a particular focus on gender balance. I'd like to cover subjects such as:

- Writing job descriptions & ads: Why language matters
- Understanding motivations: What are women looking for in a job
- Why provide pastoral relocation support

Amongst others - I am very open to suggestions and change.

This is a collaborative project, not least because we have a fairly tight deadline. The work is to support the Finding Ada Online Careers Fair for Women in STEM, which will happen on 16 November - https://findingada.com/careers/

I'd be very keen to talk to freelances with experience in diversity (and also recruitment or HR if possible), and who are available very soon. Please do send relevant links and let me know what your rates are.

Many thanks,

Suw Charman-Anderson
Founder, Ada Lovelace Day

Careers fair: FindingAda.com/Careers<http://FindingAda.com/Careers>
Web: FindingAda.com<http://findingada.com/>
Twitter: @findingada<http://twitter.com/findingada>
Facebook: AdaLovelaceDay<http://facebook.com/AdaLovelaceDay/>

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets)

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)