From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dominic McDonald
Sent: 11 October 2017 17:42
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] What's happened to Collective Memory?

I think it suffered from being a web 2.0 forum at the time when such things were being overtaken by "social media". I can point fingers at people who could have helped but didn't, but the fundamental problem was we forgot the crucial rule that you should always start in places where your audience already feels comfortable, and so when we built a new platform nobody came. In 2008 it don't seem like an obviously awful idea to my naive mind, but you live and learn.

As an aside, it's interesting that the old-fashioned email lists like this one continue to trundle on: in their cockroachish way, when twitbook and facechat are distant memories, psci-com will endure...

Dom

Sent from my soon-to-be-obsolete Windows Phone