Dear all

I'm pleased to let you know that applications for funded PhD studentships
from the London Doctoral Design Centre (LDoc) are now open for 2018 entry.
Students who are applying to start their PhD studies in September 2018 at
The Royal College of Art, University of the Arts London, and Kingston
University, are encouraged to apply.
Continuing students with at least 50% of their studies remaining are also
able to apply.

The award offers a full fees waiver (UK and EU students), maintenance grant
(UK students), an individual student development fund to support conference
attendance, research costs, and work placements, cross-disciplinary design
workshops and lectures, and industry partnerships.

More information can be found on the LDoc website (
http://ldoc-cdt.ac.uk/how-to-apply/), and the individual institutions each
have a page outlining how to apply:

   - *RCA:* https://www.rca.ac.uk/research-innovation/research/student-
   research/funding-and-support/ldoc-london-doctoral-design-centre/
   <https://www.rca.ac.uk/research-innovation/research/student-research/funding-and-support/ldoc-london-doctoral-design-centre/>
   - *UAL:*
   http://www.arts.ac.uk/research/research-degrees/funding-opportunities/ldoc-studentships/
   - *Kingston:*
   http://www.kingston.ac.uk/research/research-degrees/funding/ahrc-studentships/london-doctoral-design-centre/

The deadline for LDoc applications is *5th February 2018*.

*LDoc Collaborative Doctoral Awards*
In addition, this year we will be launching the LDoc Collaborative Doctoral
Awards. These three awards will be open to new students starting their PhD
in September 2018. The collaborations are between the RCA & IBM, UAL & BOP
Consulting and Kingston & Crafts Council.

Applicant Packs containing more information, and application forms are
available from the institutions' websites:

   - *RCA & IBM:*
   https://www.rca.ac.uk/research-innovation/research/student-research/funding-and-support/ldoc-london-doctoral-design-centre/ldoc-collaborative-doctoral-awards-cda-rca-x-ibm/
   - *UAL & BOP Consulting:*
   http://www.arts.ac.uk/research/research-degrees/funding-opportunities/ldoc-studentships/

   - *Kingston & Crafts Council:* Kingston will be going live this week,
   Applicant Pack available here: http://ldoc-cdt.ac.uk/how-to-apply/

Please be aware, for the LDoc CDAs only, the deadlines for applications are
mid - end November 2017.

If you have any questions about applying for a PhD, please contact the
institution you are applying to directly. For any questions about LDoc
funding please contact [log in to unmask]

Thank you

Beki Gowing

LDoc Co-ordinator

Research Office
Royal College of Art
Kensington Gore, London
SW7 2EU
E: [log in to unmask]
T: +44 (0)20 7590 4214
www.rca.ac.uk
twitter.com/rca
facebook.com/rca.london

QS World University Rankings:

#1 Art & Design University 2015, 2016 & 2017

[image: logo]

My working days are Monday (pm), Tuesday and Wednesday