HI Martin

Thanks for this - it looks superb. I think audience-relevant definitions and examples really works. I can see this being adapted for other subjects.

Best wishes
Viv

--> :)
https://oer18.oerconf.org/call-for-proposals/

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 3:47 PM, Martin Poulter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi all,

I’ve just released, on the Economics Network site, a chapter in the Network’s handbook for lecturers: Open Educational Resources in Economics:

https://www.economicsnetwork.ac.uk/handbook/open

It’s not aimed at staff already won over to the open movement, but at the ordinary economics lecturer. I usually talk much more about the transformative potential of the open education movement, but I’ve toned that down for this audience. Various people on this mailing list are cited.

Despite the focus on economics, Section 2 has some wider relevance, with reflections on links between various “open” movements and also between OERs, OEPs and MOOCs.

I’ve had extremely valuable feedback on the draft version from Suzanne Hardy of Newcastle University and W. David MacCausland of the University of Aberdeen, but any errors and omissions are my own.

Cheers,

--

Dr Martin L. Poulter

ICT Manager, The Economics Network