Call for Applications: AHRC Collaborative Doctoral Partnerships with the British Library

Academics at UK universities are invited to submit proposals for AHRC Collaborative Doctoral Partnerships with the British Library starting in October 2018. AHRC CDPs provide funding for PhD research drawing on British Library collections, resources or expertise. The research is co-supervised by the Library and selected university partners. For this Call, we are looking for 4 university partners to work with us to develop and refine the following specially selected research themes:

·         Elizabeth I and Mary, Queen of Scots

·         Shifting Landscapes: Mapping the Intellectual Writing Traditions of Islamic Southeast Asia

·         Sounding off: British local radio and the spoken word

·         Open Access and the role of the national library

·         Music publishing in the British Isles, 1750-1850
For projects starting in October 2018, the British Library has an allocation of 4 studentships from the AHRC. Consequently, not all of the five themes above will be developed into CDPs. We will select one HEI partner for each of the 4 CDP studentships that we are able to allocate. Once selected, the university supervisor may further refine the research topic with the British Library supervisor in order for each partner to gain maximum benefit from the collaboration. The successful PhD candidate will contribute to the development of the final agreed research project once recruited.

For profiles of each research theme, further details and application guidelines, please visit: https://www.bl.uk/news/2017/september/cdp-call-2017

The application deadline is 24 November 2016.

Applicants are welcome to contact the relevant British Library supervisor in advance to discuss their ideas for developing the research theme (contact details are included in the theme profiles). For queries about the application process or the AHRC CDP programme overall, please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Dr James Perkins
Research Development
The British Library
St Pancras
London NW1 2DB

www.bl.uk/research-collaboration<http://www.bl.uk/research-collaboration>

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk<http://www.bl.uk/>
The British Library’s latest Annual Report and Accounts : www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html<http://www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html>
Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book. www.bl.uk/adoptabook<http://www.bl.uk/adoptabook>
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
Think before you print