We invite applications for funding to support submissions to hold a special session at the 2018 Annual Conference of the Royal Economic Society, which takes place from Monday 26 March to Wednesday 28 March 2018 at the University of Sussex (http://www.res.org.uk/view/0/2018conference_papers.html).

Proposals for special sessions must be sent to the Programme Chair of the RES ([log in to unmask]) by 29 October 2017 so we have a tight deadline if we want to evaluate proposals and approve funding ahead of that deadline. We therefore ask for any bids for MMF funding to be submitted to us by close Wednesday 18 October.

The RES requires that bids should comprise a short description of the proposed session, the names of contributors (typically three/four), paper titles and indicative session costs. The MMF will review on these criteria and any evidence that reputable institutions are involved.  We ask that applications are either supported by a committee member or involve one.  The MMF is willing to partially fund proposals.