Dear colleagues

*apologies for the cross posting*

Please see the below communication from International Journal of Human Rights in Healthcare.

The Journal is looking to expand its editorial board.

If you are interested in applying to be a member of the board, please email Editor-in-chief, Dr Theo Gavrielides, ([log in to unmask]) with your CV and a short statement outlining the reasons for your interest in the role.

Please share this with your networks.

Best wishes,

Emma Leverton

The International Journal of Human Rights in Healthcare (IJHRH) is currently looking to expand its editorial board and invites applications for the role.

About the Journal
International Journal of Human Rights in Healthcare (IJHRH) is an international, peer reviewed journal with a unique practical approach to promoting equality, inclusion and human rights in health and social care.

The journal publishes scholarly and double blind peer-reviewed papers of the highest standard, including case studies and book reviews. IJHRH aims include:

For more information, see http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/journals.htm?id=IJHRH

The role of Board members:

Successful candidates will be given a full Role Description and induction by the Editor-in-Chief. In general, Editorial board members are journal ambassadors; they promote the journal to potential readers, authors and subscribers. Members also review and write papers for the journal, hence the board partly sets the calibre of papers and is crucial for the quality of the journal. This is a voluntary role with no fixed time commitments.

Some examples of your engagement as an Editorial Board member include:

              -Subject expertise: is the journal meeting the needs of communities?
              -Direction for the journal: the board can help the editor to define goals of journal and set strategies.
              -Competition: how are we performing alongside similar journals?
              -Ideas and innovations.
              -Assessing the journal situation: what’s working or not? What characteristics of the journal should we maintain? What can we improve upon?

Why become a member of the Editorial Advisory Board?

The Application process
We want to ensure that not only the candidate’s experience fits the vacancy, but also the vacancy and what we have to offer will be beneficial to you. We are also keen to work closely with our Board members and support them to reach their own objectives and vision. We are against the idea of an inactive and artificial Board.

However, we want to keep the application process simple. Please send your CV and a short statement to the Editor, Professor Theo Gavrielides:([log in to unmask]
) explaining the main reasons you would like to join the Board, and what you think you can bring to the Journal and our team.

Our Journal has an international scope and readership. We are particularly keen to hear from international colleagues including practitioners and policy makers.

Applications will be considered on a first come basis. Due to limited resources, we will be unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates.

Emerald Publishing Limited, Registered Office: Howard House, Wagon Lane, Bingley, BD16 1WA
United Kingdom. Registered in England No. 3080506, VAT No. GB 665 3593 06