Thanks Haitham for your input into the discussion. I have come across your work as Ross put me onto it and I found it really interesting particularly as a way of giving museums a strategic planning tool and indeed a language within which to consider these ideas around .

Im really interested in whether museums can develop social innovation models and that is definitely one of the ways that they might practically pursue explore ideas of digital social purpose. Its seems the key obstacle in this path is whether museums believe that their social role has to be much more activist in addressing specific social issues as opposed to it being about a more traditional 'social' focus around the guardianship of cultural heritage . Be interested in having a chat with you about your work so I'll contact you separately. What does everyone else think? Do museums have a role as social innovators in the way that Haitham has described?

Also as quick reminder - our consultation around the wider subject ends this Friday. So please do share your thoughts (either on this thread, to me personally ([log in to unmask]) or via our survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/B5WQZ5L)

Background info re the project is here

http://weareculture24.org.uk/projects/action-research/lgr6-consultation/

Cheers
Sej