Dear Philippa, Kay, Qingli,

Thank you so much for the swift responses - very reassuring and encouraging. I understand it is still the case that no prior knowledge is required for a Chinese undergraduate course but at least they started to cater for students with different levels - all very good to know, thanks again!

On a language note, just wondered what the Chinese equivalent for Kay's 'eating my hat' would be - 我把头给他/我就跟他姓?:-)

Jing

From: Mandarin Chinese Teaching <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Vallely, Philippa <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 9:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Chinese studies at Edinburgh University

Hi Jing,

I also don’t think this is the case, but I have emailed my contact at the university to get a definitive answer. Will post any reply I receive on the forum.

Best Wishes,

Philippa

Philippa Vallely晓梅

Teacher Training Coordinator | UCL IOE Confucius Institute for Schools

UCL Institute of Education | University College London | 20 Bedford Way | London WC1H 0AL t +44(0)207 9115587 | e [log in to unmask] | w http://ci.ioe.ac.uk