Staff Development and Training programme of the M25 Consortium of Academic Libraries<http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/>.

*Apologies for cross-posting*

We are happy to invite you to book a place on Talking Globally: the challenges of strategic planning and service delivery in the 21st Century<http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/events/globalised-communities-librarians-facing-challenges-hei-landscape-event-ref-tg4globe-copy/>, Teaching Excellence Framework - what's it all about and will it affect libraries<http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/events/teaching-excellence-framework-whats-it-all-about-and-how-will-it-affect-libraries-ref-tg2texf/> and The Customer Service Excellence Standard: sharing hints and tips<http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/events/the-customer-service-excellence-standard-sharing-hints-and-tips-event-ref-tg2cse/> taking place in November. Book early<http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/events/events-booking-form/> to avoid disappointment!

Training and Development Events:
Training events are open to all members and non-members.

Talking Globally: the challenges of strategic planning and service delivery in the 21st Century<http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/events/globalised-communities-librarians-facing-challenges-hei-landscape-event-ref-tg4globe-copy/>
The current HE landscape is ever shifting and uncertain terrain for Library professionals. How are middle and senior managers dealing with the challenging terrain? How are all levels of library staff navigating their CPD progression as well as meeting the needs of their users in the light of post Brexit HE realities?

Teaching Excellence Framework - what's it all about and will it affect libraries<http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/events/teaching-excellence-framework-whats-it-all-about-and-how-will-it-affect-libraries-ref-tg2texf/>
The Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) was introduced by the Government in 2016 to recognise and reward excellent learning and teaching, and will be implemented by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE).

The Customer Service Excellence Standard: sharing hints and tips<http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/events/the-customer-service-excellence-standard-sharing-hints-and-tips-event-ref-tg2cse/>
This event brings together key speakers who have worked to achieve Customer Service Excellence accreditation for their respective departments. The speakers will focus on particular key aspects of CSE or essential elements that have helped them to either achieve or maintain the standard. Examples will come from within HE libraries and the British Library's Customer Services team. The day is intended to be highly participative and there should be ample scope to share good practice, concerns and questions in general with both your fellow attendees and the speakers.

Professional Identity<http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/events/professional-identity-ref-tg1prof/>
After last years' successful workshop on professional identity we explored the messages we give out personally and professionally through our self and corporate branding and our digital and physical footprint.
This year we have shifted the focus to how library staff can gain confidence and professional development through the portrayal of superhero roles and gain a greater understanding of the impact, challenges and opportunities digital literacies and scholarship are offering students, researchers and professions alike.

Applying to study Library and Information Science<http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/events/applying-to-study-library-and-information-science-event-ref-no-tg1lis/>
Are you interested in becoming an information professional? This event brings together a range of speakers to inspire you and give you an insight into the experience of "going to Library School".

An Introduction to Open Scholarship<http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/events/an-introduction-to-open-scholarship-event-ref-tg1aspects-scholar/>
Speakers at this event will explore the role of libraries in supporting open scholarship, outlining the context of open scholarship, open access and open data; libraries' roles in advocacy, training, and in maintaining repositories, and the skills and experience needed to enter into this growing area.

The Annual House of Commons Open Day for Librarians and Information Officers<http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/events/annual-house-commons-open-day-librarians-information-officers-2-copy/>
The House of Commons Library will be holding an open day to enable librarians and information officers to visit and hear about the professional service provided by the Library to MPs and their staff. Once again, cpd25 members have been invited to attend.
You can apply for this event by completing the application form via the Parliament website<http://www.parliament.uk/commons-library-open-day>.

Visits
Only members of the M25 Consortium of Academic Libraries<http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/> are eligible to join visits.

Visit to Barbican Library<http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/events/visit-to-barbican-library-tg2vbarb/>
*Waiting list places available*
The Barbican is a Grade II listed building and is Europe's largest multi-arts and conference venue presenting a diverse range of art, music, theatre, dance, film and creative learning events. It is also home to the London Symphony Orchestra<http://lso.co.uk/>.

All of the events mentioned above can be booked via our website<http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/events/?query=&categories%5B%5D=cpd25-aspects>.

Beverley Roberts
cpd25 Coordinator
M25 Consortium of Academic Libraries