Hi All

We have an exciting opportunity for someone from a digital curation, research data management or repository background with the skills, knowledge and enthusiasm to ensure the curation and maximise the discovery of library materials in all formats at the University of Kent. As Curation & Discovery Manager, you’ll provide professional and technical leadership to optimise the discovery, curation and re-use of the University of Kent’s collections in support of engagement, teaching and research excellence.

As senior member, champion and enabler of our matrix teams for engagement, education, research and special collections, you will share and gather technical expertise with academic schools, professional service departments, other institutions and the wider community. The aim is to maximise the connections between collections and the experts who can support effective use and exploitation of these collections.

Aligning the work of IS Curation & Discovery with these strategic areas (allocating resource and expertise appropriately), you will be responsible for technologies for curation and discovery, monitoring emerging technologies for the ingest of digital content.

Working closely with our Special Collections Manager and Faculty Librarians you’ll ensure that the matrix teams for education, engagement, research and special collection and archives are highly effective and enable the smooth running of services.

You can find the full job description and person specification for the role and apply for it here. Alternatively search our jobs webpages at http://www.kent.ac.uk/jobs using the reference OTR1769. Applications close on 23 October.

Do contact me if you have any questions about the role or would like to know more about working for Information Services at the University of Kent.

With apologies for cross-posting this to the many lists relevant to the role.

Kind regards

Robin

Robin Armstrong Viner | Head of Collection Management

Library Collections, Information Services, University of Kent

Floor 2 East Extension, Templeman Library

Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, UK

Tel: +44 (0)1227 827649 | Fax: +44 (0)1227 823984

www.kent.ac.uk/library | @UKCLibraryIT