Dear all,

Apologies for posting to those not presently or previously based in the UK.

I am a visiting lecturer at Edge Hill University (but based at The University of Manchester), having taken over a 3rd year Engineering Geology course last Semester. I am trying to establish links with working quarries to take the students on site visits (minimum of 2). Obviously being based in Ormskirk I am looking at quarries in the Lakes, Yorkshire, Peak District and North Wales. Anything within a 2 hour drive is acceptable.

I am appealing to this list for anyone who might have contacts in the mining industry as, having contacted several quarries already, I am struggling to find the correct person to speak to. Please email me directly ([log in to unmask]) if you have a name, email and/or telephone number.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Rochelle

------
Dr Rochelle Taylor | Postdoctorate Researcher | School of Earth, Atmospheric, and Environmental Sciences | The University of Manchester | Williamson Building, Room 1.55 / B.63 |  Oxford Road | Manchester | M13 9PL | UNITED KINGDOM | Tel +44(0) 161 275 3945 / 2728