GCG AGM SEMINAR, DUBLIN, 14-15 NOVEMBER - REVISED PROGRAMME

Dear All,

Please check out the attached files and the GCG website www.geocurator.org for a revised programme and additional information on travel, accommodation and meeting arrangements. Simon Harris has also created a map to show where the sites are relative to each other if Dublin is unknown territory for you. My apologies to Roy Starkey who was added to the programme some time ago, but I failed to update the information that many of you will have received in emails or in Coprolite. Paolo Viscardi will now speak on the second day in Swords where practical demonstration can support his messages better. Roy Starkey will give us the story of the Lapworth moves and redevelopment. There is still plenty of room for posters so please let me know if you wish to present one.

There are some advice notes on travel and accommodation which may help if you are still wavering about attending or not. My apologies to all for the lateness of these - my excuses are not really adequate. Lastly, due to generous sponsorship we are in a position to offer some limited financial support to deserving cases where someone would otherwise be unable to attend. Please apply in writing as soon as possible, with a brief outline of your needs, to me (details below). If you have any queries or need advice or information on any aspect of the AGM please get in touch. Don't forget you will need your passport if travelling to Dublin!

Despite the relatively short notice for this Seminar, there are already many registrations, for what we hope will be a useful AGM. I really hope more of you will be able to join in. Please register as soon as possible, so I can have accurate numbers for facilities, catering, coach seat numbers etc.

Matthew Parkes

Natural History Museum, Merrion Street, Dublin 2, Ireland

 [log in to unmask], 01-6307006, 087-122 1967

Taispeántas nua - Dearbhú na Poblachta: Éirí Amach 1916
New exhibition - Proclaiming a Republic: The 1916 Rising
http://www.museum.ie/1916/