Good morning,

I have a question about interpreting results from dual regression. I have used the suggested script language to determine which contrasts/components from stage 3 have a maximum p-value greater than .95.

When I view one of those files in fslview (dr_stage3_ic00**_tfce_corrp_tstat*.nii.gz), there appear to be several clusters when I have the settings to show >0.95.

I have taken advice from several other FSL threads and run "fslmaths" and "cluster" for each significant contrast to be able to isolate the coordinates and anatomical regions. For one t-stat, it produced 16 clusters.

My question is whether I should only be looking at the clusters that are associated with the maximum of every 1-p-value for that contrast.

Or are all the clusters interpretable if they are >0.95.

For example, when using "for i in dr_stage3_ic00??_tfce_corrp_tstat?.nii.gz ; do
    echo $i `fslstats $i -R`", the maximum value for one image was 0.98. The image had 16 clusters after using "fslmaths" and "cluster", and for one of those clusters under the MAX column from the cluster output, 0.98 is listed. All the other clusters do have MAX values above 0.95. Explaining 16 clusters in a paper seems excessive, and it seems more conservative to discuss only the cluster that matches the p-value, but I wanted to find out what the accurate method was.

Thank you!
Sarah

Sarah A. Thomas, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Dept. of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Alpert Medical School of Brown University