Hi,

Registering a single slice to a 3D image is extremely difficult in general, especially if the anatomy is different (e.g., between your subject and the MNI standard template).  This is not something that we have been asked about before or have done in our lab.  Maybe if you can explain why you want to do this we would be able to suggest a way of achieving it or an alternative approach.

All the best,
	Mark