Hi,

There are currently difficulties in getting the most recent version of FSL (5.0.10) in the neurodebian and other repositories.  So at the moment we would recommend that you try to install the latest version (5.0.10) by downloading and installing the centos6 binaries, as these should be compatible. Please let us know if this works for you.

All the best,
Mark

On 14 Sep 2017, at 19:07, Tanenbaum, Aaron <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I just noticed that the fsl-5.0-complete is 5.0.7 but the fsl-5.0-core is 5.0.9. If you use synaptic, you can view what versions are installed. I am using the Vanderbilt mirror. That being said, it does not matter which mirror we use, the versions in the mirror reflect what is documented on the neurodebian website.

http://neuro.debian.net/pkgs/fsl-complete.html?highlight=fsl

Aaron Tanenbaum
Senior Research Technician for Professor Beau M. Ances

From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Jon Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 12:57:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] Ubuntu confusion

Hi,

Aaron: good to know it’s not just me
Gabbo: thanks for the suggestion to use another repository, but this is just a mirror of the main one in Germany(?), which does not have a version of fsl 5.0.10, and does not include fsleyes.

Something is a bit weird about the repository though, as it clearly “knows” about fsleyes – there just aren’t any sources for it (using the “full” repository).

As far as I can tell there are no pre-built binaries of FSL 5.0.10 for Ubuntu 14.04, and the only way to get fsleyes on Ubuntu is to download it directly from the links provided by Paul McCarthy on the fslwiki (https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/FSLeyes).

So unless you’re prepared to roll your own, Ubuntu is a FSL 5.0.10/11 free zone.

Cheers, Jon

--
Jonathan Brooks (PhD) - Senior Research Fellow
CRiCBristol & School of Experimental Psychology