From: Vincent West [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 18 October 2017 17:29
To: Kirstein Rummery <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Disability E-Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Leeds Finkelstein Lecture Series Nov- 2017

I wish we could get to the point where those in a position to make policy understood and applied the Social Model - and then move on.

Unfortunately, all levels of government and educational institutions are stuck at best in a Medical Model paradigm and at worst in a Charity, Brave & Tragic or BioPsychoSocial Model and the UK State is using policy to actively discriminate and is producing a growing death-toll.

Vin West